CALMS staff and representatives see themselves as equippers of equippers!
L-R: Pastor Miguel, Pastor Jake, Lori, Jeff Bibler (Board Chairman), Dawn
At CALMS we go out of our way to nurture relationships. We serve as a bridge between partners in North America and partners in the field. We work as closely as possible with each. We strive for the same among our staff.
In our quest to be the very best stewards of financial resources, CALMS staff work from home offices and collaborate utilizing the best technological tools available today. This has allowed us to attract the highest caliber mission professionals -- regardless of their geographic location -- and eliminate traditional 'brick & mortar' expenses from our administrative overhead.
CALMS follows a management style that focuses on: 1) Low Control; 2) High Accountability; 3) High Efficiency and Right Results; and 4) Light Weight and Low Maintenance.
Full-time USA-based staff includes:
- Rev. Jacob Gillard: previously a pastor in Maryland & Minnesota, a missionary to East Africa, and director of communication & mobilization with another mission agency; serves as CALMS' executive director.
- Rev. Miguel Torneire: originally from Brazil; previously a missionary to Guatemala; serves as CALMS' director of operations in Central America.
- Dawn Timm: previously a missionary to Russia and to Jewish people in New York City; serves as CALMS' logistics coordinator and business manager.
- Lori Newhouse: previously served in a congregational setting and on the CALMS Board of Directors; serves as CALMS' director of development & partner relations.
Adjunct staff includes:
- Chris Rodgers: coordinator of discipleship and housing in Belize.
- Cheryl Haun: coordinator of educational training in Belize.
- Tom Brickler and Susan Cheatham: accounting & tax services; our business office in St. Louis, Missouri.
Missionaries, Cultural Helpers, Translators, and Official Representatives in Central America include:
- Guatemala: Charles Cohen, Ramiro Peñate, Alex Cerna, Karla Peña de Cerna, Dr. Elry Orozco, and Ana Lily Schwendener.
- Belize: Carolyn Boden
- Panama: Deacon Milton Castillo
- Nicaragua: Rev. Hector Morales
Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms. (First Peter 4:10)